Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

HP is overall a great company

Current Employee - Technical Consultant IV  in  Richmond, VA (US)
Current Employee - Technical Consultant IV in Richmond, VA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP is family focused and cares about employees they are working out the kinks of keeping good employees and dropping dead weight. I think over all HP is going to preform more to the standard of the client and focusing on things that drive the market.

Cons

HP is poor in giving salary and bonuses, they seem to care more about holding the money they have vs. putting it into the employees. They don't seem to understand that with out us they have no business.

Care more about keeping up with competitors salary ranges.then about making a buck, keep the people you have happy and not worry so much about how large your margin is. Also we are a HW company not a software company.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Good opportunities, great flexibility and work environment, good employee engagements. Coomon concern could be pay.

Current Employee - Software Firmware Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Firmware Engineer

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

resourcefulness, flexibility, employee engagement and benefits, growth opportunities across departments with in.

Cons

stable pay could be a common employee's concern

consider higher revised pay to avoid those who leave just bec of pay package concern.

HP is good as long as you are in a good dept. IPG is very very employee focused

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

good name on resume
    good site
    awesome boss - people manager who encourages my career development
    awesome department - Image and Printing Group they really want their employees to advance
    Site closure whole week of Christmas to New Years
    Good benefits and perks like week of daycare, concierge service, employee purchase plans for HP products and loads of other companies including cars

Cons

If you are not in a good department with a good manager it can be horrible. I hear sales is dreadful. The IT department is segerated to each division so it is hard to get a full view of IT. Typical big company politics.

HP underpays compared to Austin Market to keep top talent the salary increase must be large and happen soon or others will leave as the economy improves

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!