Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Great people and opportunities but serious issues at the top

Project Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsLarge company with lots of opportunities for exploring different businesses and functions. Great people. Collaborative. Flexibility to manage my schedule - to work where and when works best for me.

ConsToo many years of sacrificing the future for the current quarter. Rewards have become too concentrated at the top of the company. Really bad decision making at the executive and board level for way too many years. Workload is ridiculous at times. Little to no time or dollars for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to grow through acquisitions (especially gigantic, stupid acquisitions!). Focus internally on innovation and invention. Create a more balanced bonus system (profit sharing rather than the ridiculous 'pay for performance') to give all levels of the company incentives, rather than just executives.

test

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: stable company (or at lest used to be stable), not… Cons: stale, conservative company, not really serious about lean operations or… More

Longing for the good old days

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: * HP has always attracted dedicated, creative, hard-working employees who believe in having a career, not just a job. * HP’s employees support and… Cons: * Because HP is so family-oriented, they get away with paying below market for many job categories. * Having acquired or merged with several… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!