Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Do not work for HP

Pros

Nice, intelligent co-workers
Flexible working arrangements
Vacation days accumulatded each year

Cons

Continuous layoffs
Transfers to inappropriate positions with no regard for affected employee's career path or happines
Salary cuts which are then returned as a "bonus"

Stop being robots who merely hand down directives from upper management
Do not force inappropriate career chanages on employees
Treat employees as people, not numbers or salaries,respectfully, or expect a mass exodous when the economy recovers

Other reviews for Hewlett-Packard

keep looking

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Raleigh, NC (US)

Pros

The people that were purchased from EDS are, for the most part, great to work with.

Cons

The leadership could care less about trying to treat employees on an account level fairly - not even sure they know there are people behind the numbers. When the economy improves, I would expect many to move elsewhere.

Too late, but the EDS purchase was largely the people and their experience, but a great many are just bidding their time.

Good in the beginning...

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros

It's a very dynamic environment and you'll always be dealing with new projects, new technologies, new people. Can't get bored!

Cons

No clear career path; recognition is usually a pat on the back and bonus is almost inexistent and when you earn it, it sucks; never sat down with my leader to discuss where I can get on my career inside HP; never participated on a formal training on a class to learn new things because I've never had time to do so and my client would not wait for me to be trained and my leader would always press me to "learn as you go" instead of attending classes; etc.

- Get interested in your employee's aspirations
    - Help him plot the course to accomplish the employee's objectives/goals on the company
    - Recognize the accomplishments accordingly (not just a pat on the back, but bonus AND promotions with salary increase!)

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!