Hewlett-Packard

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

8797 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Not the Compaq/HP it used to be....

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility to take care of personal needs during work day
    Close to home
    Great co-workers

Cons

Horrible morale. Forced performance ratings causing discontent among workforce. Difficulty in working with off-shored employees that don't understand the processes. Too political. Management ignores bad behavior among it upper ranks leaving the worker bees in disbelief. If a worker bee acted/behaved in the manner the upper ranks do, we would be fired. Pay is not competitive with other companies in the entire Houston area. Salary comparisions made to companies in NW Houston, not the whole city (i.e. downtown).

Management should take the time to read this site and realize the ones that are getting the work done aren't happy. Once the economy turns around people will be leaving in mass.

A sad decline in putting profits & the shareholders above all else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

An imagined kudos of working for a great IT company.

Cons

I'm not sure HP is leading that much innovation right now.
    There is a slow drip, drip of the removal of all that was good... flexibility (Now you MUST be in the office), a great pension (slowly being eroded) etc
    Permanent pay cuts but huge exec compensations.

Just a little more than pretending you care about employees would help... we're not stupid!

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!