Hewlett-Packard

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

9303 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Not bad, but could be better

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Wrocław (Poland)
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Wrocław (Poland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Private medical insurance and international experience you gain. People you work with are mostly friendly and helpful, but it depends on the team/department.

Cons

Management decisions taken without analysing their potential impact on work environment. Poor salary raise. Por communication between management and employees, even though managers claim the contrary.

Improve the communication with people they manage. Improve the trainings accesibilty. Apply all the possible ways of people developement. Clarify the promotion conditions.

A sad decline in putting profits & the shareholders above all else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

An imagined kudos of working for a great IT company.

Cons

I'm not sure HP is leading that much innovation right now.
    There is a slow drip, drip of the removal of all that was good... flexibility (Now you MUST be in the office), a great pension (slowly being eroded) etc
    Permanent pay cuts but huge exec compensations.

Just a little more than pretending you care about employees would help... we're not stupid!

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard