Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Neutral - there's good and Bad

Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)
Current Employee - Manager in Leixlip (Ireland)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility, respect i am given by my boss, the autonomy to manage and set goals for my people, work life balance is tough at the minute but i own it and am supported. Great colleagues and willingness from people to do the right thing

Cons

Very top down approach, people are more worried about how things look than the substance of what they do.
Some of the "old" spirit of the HP way is gone - but we live in a new world today.

need to get back to some of the core values of the organisation - don't spin things if they are bad its better to give it straight - people can take it!

9091 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Stuff of legend

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Legendary company, legendary founders, and if you get to work with the original blue employees - you actually get a glimpse of the original HP.

Cons

It's now more about shareholder value than employees. Employees are getting burned out at the increased workload (from layoffs), psychological impact of losing colleages (from layoffs), years of pay freeze, and lack of promotional opportunities.

Stop paying lip service to VoW results.

ESCAPED!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

If you work you butt off, you get rewarded.

Cons

But --expect to have no life. Expect people to tell you-- you have no life. Expect people to say "you need to get a life." Do I work to meet the outragesou timelines--only if you don't want to get yelled at by management who is so intimidated that they can speak up. Cut costs---all the way. Bring your pens, paper, napkins, coffee. HP was a company that valued creativity---now it values cost cutting. Folks--Hurd isn't going anywhere soon.....so get used to it.

Seriously....do they even listen to their employee opinion survey. Here is your advice--how can the Executive team work together not compete against each other?

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard