There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Good Job with VERY POOR MANAGEMENT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI (US)

I worked at Hilton Worldwide part-time

Pros

The JOB itself was awesome and staff was friendly and worked together great as a team.

Cons

Very Poorly Managed. Very Immature, failed to manage the hotel by the HILTON Standards as we were trained. New and vacant positions were not posted accordingly, "Favorites" were selected for promotions despite their lack of qualifications. It's pretty bad when you have an AGM that doesn't know her way around a computer, let alone Word / Excel. The overall morale at the hotel is very negative. Staff is unhappy and they don't know who to go to... as upper management failed to keep confidential conversations associates brought to him as concerns directly back to the GM. GM doesn't follow protocol or hotel standards set by Hilton. Staff is yelled at and talked down to in front of guest. Regular guest and long term guest have NO Idea who the GM is... other then perhaps a name on the board.

No room for advancement, minimal pay, very negative environment.

Upper Management needs to take a good hard look at the way this property is being managed. Would strongly recommend a confidential & anonymous peer review to get the overall HONEST feelings from staff without them being intimidated or have fear of loosing their jobs because they spoke up. Send out random surveys to the regular or long term guest to rate or give input about management.

Just because everything might look good on paper, doesn't mean that things are good. The GM was constantly on a kick about staff not getting along, however the overall problems are a result of poor management. Those on the same level need to be treated as equals and not be given special treatment because they are your brown-noser. JOB Descriptions should be standard for all HILTON properties and alike, requiring the same qualifications across the board. Positions need to be posted and go thru a proper POSTING Period so their are EQUAL Opportunities for ALL. STAFF.

752 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Values and Responsibilities

Current Employee - Room Attendant in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Room Attendant in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They teached us and guide us in our everyday tasks.and helpful to all our needs,specially in our financial problems.taking care of all the small problems at once,especially my boss in our department.

Cons

Some managers didn't performed well in their respective areas.some team members also is not cooperating to other team members.

continue the great values to all the team members.and giving all the needs of all the staffs.and preparing for a good career in the near future.

dynamic

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Honolulu, HI (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Honolulu, HI (US)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great travel opportunities, great benefits, great family environment

Cons

difficult to take time off, promotions only come was you move properties
    pension plans are only available for union employees, nothing for management

move every few years with promotions that come along

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide