There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Miami, FL (US)
Current Employee - Night Auditor in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits package and phenomenal training, especially for those on the career path in the hospitality industry.

Cons

Some corporate policies are self-defeating and harm the income potential of certain hotels in the long run.

Please re-evaluate your policy on credit card transactions for upper level hilton rewards members, as credit card fraud is running rampant and you are doing a disservice to your guests by not adequately ensuring their security by verifying cards at POS with government issued photo ID's. In addition, the policy of over-selling hotels is not one practiced by all brands (as I was mistakenly informed and later confirmed on my own) and does not promote brand loyalty, which is one of Hilton Worldwide's strengths. Guaranteeing a reservation should ALWAYS guarantee that reservation except in cases beyond the control of the hotel, such as storm/flood/eletrical/etc.

739 Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Grew through the growing pains!

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and excellent clientele.

Cons

Inexperience as it was a new enterprise with penny-pinching at the upper level.

Realize that the minions are the ones making you look good!

Career Damaging Experence

Former Employee - Information Security in McLean, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Information Security in McLean, VA (US)

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Industry average salary, nice building and work environment, some really friendly people to meet and work with.

I passed up another offer to come here, and I severely regret that decision.

Cons

Former AOL employees have hijacked the IT Department and I was severely mislead on the status of the environment and the willingness and ability/ knowledge of Sr. Management within the department. It seems there are many that rode on the waves of AOL when they went from 90% market share to nothing and now for some reason they have worked their way into Hilton and are poised to do the same thing all over.

Your IT department is in grave danger of costing you significant brand damage (already occurring) and from an IT security perspective, making things worse by doing what they are doing to a degree of excess that is downright unethical.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide