Excellent Company

Current Employee - Night Auditor  in  Miami, FL (US)
Current Employee - Night Auditor in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits package and phenomenal training, especially for those on the career path in the hospitality industry.

Cons

Some corporate policies are self-defeating and harm the income potential of certain hotels in the long run.

Please re-evaluate your policy on credit card transactions for upper level hilton rewards members, as credit card fraud is running rampant and you are doing a disservice to your guests by not adequately ensuring their security by verifying cards at POS with government issued photo ID's. In addition, the policy of over-selling hotels is not one practiced by all brands (as I was mistakenly informed and later confirmed on my own) and does not promote brand loyalty, which is one of Hilton Worldwide's strengths. Guaranteeing a reservation should ALWAYS guarantee that reservation except in cases beyond the control of the hotel, such as storm/flood/eletrical/etc.

Other Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Grew through the growing pains!

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers and excellent clientele.

Cons

Inexperience as it was a new enterprise with penny-pinching at the upper level.

Realize that the minions are the ones making you look good!

Great overall company, but localized management is very corrupt

Current Employee - Guest Services Manager  in  Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)
    Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, very reputable brand, solid customer base, good property management system and helpful IT support staff, hotels are in very busy locations

Cons

Many overseas locations (my example being in China) are run completely by locals, from upper management all the way down. There needs to be better monitoring of these locations by the regional headquarters, as most of the Chinese management do not follow proper procedures or protocols of Hilton Worldwide.

There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Worldwide.

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!