Hormel
www.hormelfoods.com Austin, MN 5000+ Employees

Good Job for what it is, but a strong company

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsPay was good
Company car
Lots of Perks ie cell phone, home cable paid for, and good benefits
good training and continuing training
Great people-management is nice and your co-workers are good (some people suck but that's everywhere you go)
You get to travel

ConsThe future growth in the sales program is a bit limited. If I were to have stayed with Hormel in sales I would still be doing what I was doing when I first started. There is no difference between an entry sales position and a senior sales position except for the pay and territory size. If you have aspirations of moving into corporate be prepared to live in Austin (no not texas, which would be cool), Minnesota and go to Torgies everyday and live next to your boss. There should be the plant in Austin with corporate in Minneapolis where there is a good living situation away from the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management was great however there should be more employee involvment and more understanding of women and minorities. Hormel is somewhat whitebread, and wheat tastes good too ;-) Overall I liked my experience with hormel and I would recommend that someone start off their career with them.

The people at Hormel want to groom you from the ground up to work in the company your whole life.

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: -The benefits are great -The pay is decent -The people you work with are awesome most times -There is tremendous opportunity for advancement within the company -Due to the… Cons: - long...long...LONG hours - due to the size and the way the organization is set up, there aren't very many people to work in each of… Advice to Senior Management: - Calculated risk is good, but it seems as if this company rarely takes risks at all. I think taking more risks and putting the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good position to accept if you want to do real engineering without a promotion

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: Hormel has great pay and benefits. They are accommodating to days needed off. They… Cons: The position of maint. engineer is not an engineering position as they make it out to be, it is a glorified supervisor. Maintenance is… Advice to Senior Management: Let new people know what to really expect for their future within the company. Everybody comes in looking to advance to something more challenging… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hormel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hormel CEO Jeffrey M. Ettinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Hormel employees.