Hormel
www.hormelfoods.com Austin, MN 5000+ Employees

Solid company with great opportunity to improve internal processes and people management.

Category Analyst (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Hormel

ProsFantastic portfolio of products and commitment to excellent products. The can do attitude of the employees is truly exceptional and exciting to be a part of.

ConsUnwillingness to adopt more current people management practices in regard to time off, work-life balance, and telecommuting. Salaries do not seem to be as competitive either.

The only thing I liked was a free move to another state..

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Hormel

Pros: Travel -you will definitely have to relocate Pay- above average compensation for those that are… Cons: I don't think there is enough time in the day to describe how absolutely disgusted I am with the false advertisement this company sends to… Advice to Senior Management: I don't think it matters what I write here since all of management are buddies and congregate at corporate in Austin, Mn over… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good position to accept if you want to do real engineering without a promotion

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hormel

Pros: Hormel has great pay and benefits. They are accommodating to days needed off. They… Cons: The position of maint. engineer is not an engineering position as they make it out to be, it is a glorified supervisor. Maintenance is… Advice to Senior Management: Let new people know what to really expect for their future within the company. Everybody comes in looking to advance to something more challenging… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hormel.

Worked for Hormel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hormel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hormel CEO Jeffrey M. Ettinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Hormel employees.