Horseshoe Casino Hammond

www.horseshoehammond.com
  www.horseshoehammond.com
There are newer employer reviews for Horseshoe Casino Hammond

Used to be a great place to work...

Former Employee - Marine Ops  in  Hammond, IN (US)
Former Employee - Marine Ops in Hammond, IN (US)

I worked at Horseshoe Casino Hammond full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good health benefits, great employees even though pay is so low.

Cons

Low pay, management doesn't seem to care about employees (they say they do, but maybe they should teach their supervisors to show it and treat with respect) Also why give us PTO hours if we can't use them without finding coverage.

pay your support staff more!

8 Other Employee Reviews for Horseshoe Casino Hammond (View Most Recent)

Do not work here! Favoritism!

I have been working at Horseshoe Casino Hammond

Pros

We get food that comes out of our pay checks for lunch. There is a reward system for employee's to get what they want with points. Best paying job for part timers.

Cons

There is too much favoritism. You get promotions and full time based on if management likes you, or not. It doesn't matter how hard you work they will find reasons to not give it to you. They like to hire in New employee's instead of promoting with in. We just had a job fair for jobs other employees applied for. You can only get ahead with the right personality, looks , or enough brown nosing.

This job wants you to unrealistically dedicate your life to it. My schedules are so random with in a week I'll b working morning one day and night the next. Even through they want you dedicated they WILL fire you, or lay you off, because of a renovation, or you make too much money. Management isn't safe they just let go of the marketing head's. Some management give employees false hope for a promotion, or promising fairness.

Most of the unfairness in the departments are the same no matter were you go.

No advice. They already know all of the what their pulling.

Could be worse...

Current Employee - Marketing Operations Representative  in  Hammond, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations Representative in Hammond, IN (US)

I have been working at Horseshoe Casino Hammond full-time for more than a year

Pros

EDR
    Some Supervisors really care
    Quiet room to nap in

Cons

Pay
    Almost impossible to get a day shift unless you're willing to wait years
    No bonuses
    No pay raises
    I felt like a number in the way of management

Being told the company can't afford pay raises, and then announcing Britney Spears would be joining the company for $30 million? Yeah, that looked and felt bad.

Mostly I felt like I was being lied to a lot, and that doesn't sit well with me. I do not miss working for this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Horseshoe Casino Hammond

Worked for Horseshoe Casino Hammond? Contribute to the Community!