There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

Hard to get ahead and be successful with such an outdated infrastructure, Unions have got to go.

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Anyone willing to put in the time and take pride in the job they do can earn quite a good living as well as have a decent benefits package.

Cons

As with most companies every level of employment here has some downside, Route Sales have to deal with aging equipment poor weather on occasion and a fair share of misinformation. DSM's have to weather through a seriously oversized work load and do not have the time to give all the employees the attention required to build and maintain a happy high producing team, also the good employees suffer because a good deal of time is spent dealing with dead weight RSR's that are protected by a union, sadly any credibility we may have as DSM's is lost due to the poor information we're supplied with regarding upcoming promotions, new item launches and ever changing company policies all of which we end up passing to our sales force, when any of these things fall through it's a direct reflection on us as management. As for any position above a DSM I cannot speak to as I have not been in their shoes, I will say that due to the highly reactionary nature of the Senior management at this company I'm sure most positions above mine have similar issues.

Sales training for RSR's and lower level management would be a great start, Upper management may want to take some time to work out on the sales routes for more then one day to get a true feel for the business they oversee, this company could also use more front line employees where the most impact would be made, other than that everyone at this company knows its flaws, its just a matter of getting people up top willing to make some waves.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands (View Most Recent)

not bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Good place to work...you control your own income by how hard you work... Great job for a "people person"

Cons

Upper Management has a serious disconnect

Seek advice and listen to street level employees

Ruined my self confidence and wasted valuable years.

Current Employee - Retail Outlet Clerk
    Current Employee - Retail Outlet Clerk

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Provides union wages and protection.

Cons

No work life balance. Physically demanding and dirty. Poor equipment and impossible customer service requirements considering they cater to government assistance clientele.

Look at the over all picture instead of your departments numbers. Seriously listen to employee input and stand up to your own bosses. Invest in modern equipment and start thinking forward in a realistic way i.e., listen to the people in the trenches; meaning on the line, your rsr, clerks, etc. Too much paperwork and not enought time or reason.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!