all down hill since we got a new distric manager

Current Employee - Lead Clerk  in  West Mifflin, PA (US)
Current Employee - Lead Clerk in West Mifflin, PA (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

pay - customers are wonderful

Cons

no job security
unfair labor practice - if your not a friend of the dm
management needs walk our walk befor they pass judgement
the fact that they are no longer paying our pention and no one is forcing them to
that was part of our contract, it was a raise we were saving for our future where is that money the union told me if i want it i would have to get a attorney

if i was doing your job i would of already been fired for not making my numbers
now its your turn step down you don't know how to meet your numbers

Other Reviews for Hostess Brands

This used to be an excellent place to work until it changed from IBC to Wonder Bread

Current Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Peoria, IL (US)
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Peoria, IL (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

The pay is somewhat driven by performance. However, there is room for improvement. Putting District Managers on a set salary I feel was a mistake. It made people lazy.

Cons

There isnt enough room to list them all. District managers are like people who are being drawn and quartered. They are pulled from 4 directions. Upper Management, Route Sales, Customers, & Their Families.It's become a basic rule that DSM's are considered at the end of their management career now. Upper Management has little respect for them and doesn't want to give them the training or the opportunities to succeed. The old IBC was an excellent place to work. You worked HARD, but you were respected and compensated well for your work. The New IBC (ran by a rag tag collection of Continental people and Ripplewood picks who know nothing about the baking business) Shows no respect, offers no advancement opportunities, and does not compensate based on performance.

#1 - Get rid of the Union. #2 invest in training. Not just a 1 day seminar and then they go back to running routes everyday so they forget what they've learned. Give them the manpower to effectivly manage their own operation. A good DSM can generate more than enough growth through his people if he is left to manage instead of on a route every week. #3 Respect your people. Good people will work hard and have pride in their work if you respect them. Ask any successful senior manager and he will tell you the same.

in hell just waiting to get out of the fire so life can begin again,at this point anywhere would be better

Current Employee - Line Catcher  in  Emporia, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Line Catcher in Emporia, KS (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

retirement,and if this was not in the next 5 years I might just shoot myself.But I wouldn't give them the sadisfaction!

Cons

management is made up of lazy people screwing people just to make there jobs easier and to get there friends in jobs that they dont deserve.Working splite days off, odd hours even working the alot of the holidays and always working the weekends unless you are part of the good ol'boy system that management has created.Never being able to go to speical events,take part in school fuctions with your kids because you either have to go to work or get up so early,and friends for get doing anything with them because they have normal jobs. Not one that makes there life so messed up beause every week your days are split and your days off change unless your are part of the good OL'boy club and its only because management can do it and laugh about it for the most part.

you need to come in to the emporia plant and don't just take there word about what they do or don't do, but spend time there find out what they actually do over time then save some money by cutting there payroll and stop cutting jobs or combineing jobs for us the ones that make them look good but keep gettting screwed.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!