12046 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

It's Not Just a Job it an Adventure!

Current Employee - Channel Sales  in  Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Channel Sales in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

IBM does an excellent job of laying out the corporate roadmap. I understand our vision, priorities and how my role fits into the bigger picture to meet these objectives. I have an amazing manager that trusts me and I am able to execute the best way I see fit. Having the right manager at IBM makes a big difference! Also, must of the US based employees have the option of working from home. That is a huge perk for me! I have the discipline to work from home. I probably work longer house because of it but I really like the flexibility it provides. I also work with some AMAZING people. Like in every company there are good and bad but overall most people at IBM are top notch.

Cons

IBM is a big company and continuing to grow. It's sometimes difficult to find the right person to assist on an engagement. Also, there are inconsistencies across brands.

Other Reviews for IBM

Flexible but boring

Current Employee - IT Specialist  in  Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working hours
    Nice compensation package (salary, pension, bonus)
    very established company, does not feel like the Wild West. Everything is accounted for and there's a procedure for everything
    Run Linux on the laptops - in fact, Linux is the supported, official O/S for workstations

Cons

Very slow and bureaucrati
    Very much focused on processes and compliance - lots of spreadsheet updating and not much tech work
    They try do save money everywhere - they took away our trash cans, took away the coffee machines

Very good company to work on

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall, great atmosphere to work. Great people, very well structured.

Cons

Salary. It didn't follow the market, not at least in Brazil. A company that will secure you for life, but not the first choice if you are in it to get money.

Pay attention to the type of leaders you are creating. This is no creative thinking when it comes down to leadership and role models. There is only one accepted model, and if you don't fit in to it, it's very frustrating to work on the company. That can push away some talented young minds.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!