There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Intern

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IBM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was really high compared to what I'm supposed to get for being so junior. Nice office, really cool building, and really great people. A flexible schedule, yoga lessons, and gym. The company is really large and you feel like you belong.

Cons

No catered food and other things you can expect from a place like Google I guess. Also lots of bureaucratic tape I find. I didn't really get affected by that too much but I know my co-workers did.

Less tape. More food.

11955 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IBM is an incredible place to work with unique global collaboration.

Former Employee - Communications Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Communications Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at IBM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are many reasons to work at IBM. Here are but a few: the opportunities for advancement, global collaboration, and fast-paced business environment. The people are fantastic - intelligent, committed, and innovative. The compensation and benefits are unparalleled, and IBM is a great place for women to work. There is alot of work-life balance which is invaluable to working parents. Although many people don't realize it, IBM offers employment opportunities for employees with a wide range of educational backgrounds besides technical... such as medical, scientific, quantitative, legal, financial, and communications.

Cons

So much work is being moved out of the United States, so there is alot of pressure on U.S. managers and employees. There is constant reorganization, so your job is routinely changed and work consolidated to the near breaking point.

Take a more truly global look at your workforce. Understand the value, commitment and dedication U.S. workers bring to the table, and hire within the U.S. again. I think it is extremely short-sighted to move so many aspects of the business to much less politically and economically stable world regions. Also, provide equal pay to men and women with the same jobs!

Great learning experience for interns

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at IBM as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Good Learning
    International Environment
    Above average intern salary

Cons

Too bureacratic which hinders quick decision making
    Work is boring at times