There are newer employer reviews for IBM

System Analyst

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Maringá (Brazil)
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Maringá (Brazil)

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of the biggest Companies in the world. It gives you a good status in front of IT community.

Cons

Depending on the project/account, specially those with Global Services, you won't get too much visibility inside the Company.

To perform feedback about our performance in a periocal basis in order to allow us to improve our skills and the career as well.

11907 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

World class company, below average compensation

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Access to the best of the best, and all with the name of IBM on your resume. IBM has their fingers in almost every aspect of life, and working for this company opens up opportunities beyond those available with other employers.

Cons

You have to learn to roll with the punches. Globalization and cost factoring are an every day reality that even IBM is susceptible to. If you're expecting to get a good raise or a fair bonus, then think again, because that won't happen here. Your real compensation is working on the projects and with the people, and using that to further your carreer.

Recognize your top talent by what they do, not just who they are. Reward your rank-and-file people appropriately, and remember that the size of the reward is sometimes much more significant than the fact that they're getting one in the first place.

Interesting

Former Employee - ETI Intern
    Former Employee - ETI Intern

I worked at IBM as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You get to work with the best brains. There is ample freedom given and you have proper hierarchy to work with. Managers are usually helpful and you can Work From Home.

Cons

Because of the hierarchy, the progress in any project is usually slow. It is not as competitive a company as it use to be before and is being overtaken by other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM