IOActive

www.ioactive.com
  www.ioactive.com
There are newer employer reviews for IOActive

Highly Technical, Intimate feel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at IOActive

Pros

Great environment, very easy to work with everyone

Cons

Very technical environment, you have to know your p's and q's before even walking in.

18 Other Employee Reviews for IOActive (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Security Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Security Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at IOActive full-time

Pros

Tons of Opportunities to grow. let me first say this is not a company that will hold your hand as your go through the process of building your career, but everything is there for the taking. There are tons of smart people and lots of resources, a large variety of work, and opportunities to even travel like crazy if that is your thing. If you can take responsibility for your own career then this is a perfect environment to help you grow or to set you up working with the top people and clients.
    There is a place for everyone in terms of company culture and outside of work life. If you like to party there's a strong party scene, even if you like to kick back or have a quiet evening there are opportunities. I personally tried out both, I found a deal of encouragement, brotherhood, and friendship working at IOA.

Cons

There are a lot of strong personalities and different structures within IOA that initially seemed a bit unstructured.
    However, I quickly realized sitting around and doing nothing got me no where, reaching out, connecting and asking for things got me everywhere.

Stay away. Dishonesty and nepotism hurting the company.

Current Employee - Director of Services in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Director of Services in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at IOActive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highly technical, opportunity to work with some really interesting customers, and sometimes actually get some research done.
    The brand name still holds albeit getting downhill in the past couple of years because of bad management.
    Very "thrown into the deep-end' approach, that works very well with the hacker-type and allows for personal development.

Cons

Sometimes unethical.
    Management is horrible, a string of bad decisions in management hiring driving the company down the drain which shows (high turnover, good people leaving by the troves). For some reason management "protected" its bad decisions and make the problem even worse.
    Lying to employees in order to keep them on-board is becoming a common practice. Employees are getting highly disgruntled, and end up leaving (at all levels - consultants, senior consultants, managing consultants, directors, CTO, and a VP that finally got fired after 2 years of hurting the company).

Get your act together.
    CEO should turn into VP sales, need to bring in a professional CEO who understands what the company does, nurture the unique culture, and drive the company forward (and no, don't bring them from a big 4...)
    Stand behind your word and obligation to your employees, and they might actually stay.

There are newer employer reviews for IOActive