There are newer employer reviews for IQPC

Tough but rewarding....IQPC deserves more credit on this website!

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I first joined IQPC with very little sales experience, little did I know when I joined the company the 2+ years I spent at IQPC where going to be the most challenging but rewarding years in my sales career so far.

Firstly, I see a lot of negative reviews on this page about IQPC which I strongly disagree with. It is a tough sales environment not for the light hearted so if you aren't willing to learn quick, put in the work that is required to be successful on the job and actually show the determination you loved talking about during your interview, this isn't the place for you. Most of the negative reviews on here are from sales people who couldn't cut it based on there sales ability and work ethic, nothing else.

The sales training at IQPC is fast, tough and very much on the job (be willing to make mistakes and learn from them) within a short space of time you will soon notice the improvements made in your sales technique . The management team at IQPC who I highly respected especially my manager at the time are very much in the trenches with you and always lead by example, which is a rare element in business, but be warned that in return they expect you to take on board any advise shared with you and they do not like time wasters who aren't willing to improve.

IQPC isn't perfect but I recommend anyone who is looking to develop there sales skills, increase there commercial awareness and really wants the chance fast track within a meritocracy to give it a go, just be willing to work hard and make mistakes along the way.

Cons

The downside to IQPC is the challange with events, there is always going to be good products and bad products, during your time here you will learn to sell both successfully, making you a recession proof sales person who can sell anything.

Sponsorship, Delegate Sales, Production and Marketing could work better togetherto increase the chances of your "product" delivering to it's clients.

109 Other Employee Reviews for IQPC (View Most Recent)

This job isn't for everyone

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at IQPC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hours and my supervisor is one of the better ones I have ever worked for there is a lot of ongoing training and learning.
    Really open door policy and ready to help.
    Does not nit pick when I get the job done and it seems like they do reward people that are good.

Cons

I could not work for any of the other supervisors there is a big difference between how they manage and I see a lot of churn with them. The salary is a bit lower than I would like but the uncapped commission balances that.

This job is not for everyone if you are driven and have your act together this can be a great job with plenty of money. Management might want to open up what the daily routine is like to everyone so that they can prevent hiring lazy folks.

Poor Management, Bullying, Extremely High Staff Turnover, Beware!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IQPC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dress down Fridays
    Close to Victoria station
    Lots of nice eateries in the area

Cons

Poor level of management, bullying and gossiping to the extreme, you won’t last long if you’re not in the ‘in’ crowd. Terrible Marketing practices including bulk mailing (spamming?) our membership to within an inch of their life.

High pressure-cooker type of environment where bullying is rife and emanates from the top down! Sweatshop type environment be prepared for 10-12 hour days, to skip lunch, to be under-paid and seriously over worked!

Archaic work practices, it’s virtually impossible to learn anything from management, however you can learn about industry specific information if you are an event producer. Effective communication with clients and staff is simply non-existant. Incompetent senior management are combative and abusive to staff, people are treated like cattle and management are not intelligent enough to realise that communication is key to developing and maintain business relationships with staff and clients, which is Business Administration 101. Clients are burned, after sale – just terrible!

I have been in business from a long time within a managerial role and I was unpleasantly surprised by some of the unscrupulous payment and work practices, I have worked in firms where they toe the line but some of the work practices at IQPC are just plain illegal! Think twice before implicating yourself!!!

Senior Management require re-training in every aspect of business and human relations.

There are newer employer reviews for IQPC

Worked for IQPC? Contribute to the Community!