IRS
www.irs.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

OPPORTUNITIES

Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at IRS full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to begin career for college students,middle age and everyone who wants an opportunity.Many opportunities when the budget is permitting. Also there are flexible work schedules and there are increases by grades and steps.Also union representation is an added bonus.

ConsThe budget restricts job opportunities and moving into career opportunities.Depending on what type of position,such as for example working as a contact representative or intake clerk or working with the public burn out is a often occurrence.Also oftentimes you may feel trapped,in terms of moving into other career opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has to hire competent and honest managers that one want to be there and manage a team,who will move on to other career endeavors. Also more information on networking and details ,so employees can advance in their career and personal lives.

fear and loathing at the IRS

Contact Representative (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA (US)

I have been working at IRS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Since it is a federal government employer, excellent health insurance… Cons: Very disappointing proficiency of training for the job. Initially, the only available work schedule is from 2:30 P.M. until 11:00 P.M. and with time, you… Advice to Senior Management: Discipline the lackluster workers and reward the efficient and effective… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Show me the money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IRS full-time

Pros: salary is good, training extensive Cons: call center environment only if you like talking on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on IRS.

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IRS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IRS CEO John Koskinen . All reviews posted anonymously by IRS employees.