IRS

www.irs.gov

OPPORTUNITIES

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

ProsGreat place to begin career for college students,middle age and everyone who wants an opportunity.Many opportunities when the budget is permitting. Also there are flexible work schedules and there are increases by grades and steps.Also union representation is an added bonus.

ConsThe budget restricts job opportunities and moving into career opportunities.Depending on what type of position,such as for example working as a contact representative or intake clerk or working with the public burn out is a often occurrence.Also oftentimes you may feel trapped,in terms of moving into other career opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has to hire competent and honest managers that one want to be there and manage a team,who will move on to other career endeavors. Also more information on networking and details ,so employees can advance in their career and personal lives.

fear and loathing at the IRS

Contact Representative (Current Employee) Fresno, CA (US)

I have been working at IRS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Since it is a federal government employer, excellent health insurance… Cons: Very disappointing proficiency of training for the job. Initially, the only available work schedule is from 2:30 P.M. until 11:00 P.M. and with time, you… Advice to Senior Management: Discipline the lackluster workers and reward the efficient and effective… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Benefits, Terrible Use of Employees

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Missoula, MT (US)

I worked at IRS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Worked in three offices over a four year career, and never met a terrible coworker. The benefits… Cons: Upper management has a choke-hold on lower management and their employees. Little to no incentive… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to do a better job of motivating employees and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on IRS.

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!