There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Great place to work because of who I was given the opportunity to work with!

I worked at ITT Technical Institute full-time

Pros

Great flexibility in work schedule, ability to use your creativity in program and activity creation, control over teaching staff which created great learning opportunities for student from professionals actively in field.

Cons

Performance evaluation metrics are objective and leave no room for management wiggle room.

While establishing goals to strive for is great give management an opportunity to evaluate employees subjectively. Evaluation by numerical standard alone does not reflect the efforts of the individual.

505 Other Employee Reviews for ITT Technical Institute (View Most Recent)

Rewarding occuppation, great people at my location

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was a joy to work with supportive, team oriented, friendly, and professional group of people at my location.

Cons

A reduction in budget resulted in hundreds of full-time faculty and staff being work force reduced.

Using manufacturing method parameters to operate an educational institution does not seem to be effective. Perhaps the techniques used by current management are in need of change. If the reduction had been done at the top, many jobs would have been saved. Top management has driven the stock price down from $110 to $15. By that measure I should have lost my job. The CEO position alone is equivalent to 142 school positions.

Entry-Level "build resume" type of job

Current Employee - Educational Recruiter  in  Oak Brook, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Educational Recruiter in Oak Brook, IL (US)

I have been working at ITT Technical Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Food at least once a quarter when students have open-house (and sometimes more - lunch on management), regular paycheck, okay benefits

Cons

Unprofessional atmosphere, Horrible Management, All about meeting numbers! numebrs! numers!, force you to lie to potential students just to get them to sign up, over worked and underpaid, office morale LOW, make friday and saturdays mandatory at least 12 weeks out the year (before the start of the quarter, the week of and week after), NO WORK LIFE BALANCE, only national accreditation, employees must "kiss butt" to stay on managers good side or will purposely make it harder for you to meet numbers (i.e. giving you old/bad leads) etc...

Providing education should be the main focus - not about SALES. Need to treat your employess well and EQUAL and bring up the office morale.

There are newer employer reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!