Illumina

www.illumina.com

Good opportunity to make your mark

Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsIllumina has a very entrepreneurial spirit. The company has the resources to support it's employees and does so. Work environment is great. You will work some of the smartest people around.

ConsIllumina is having some growing pains. The company is eager to transform into a large company, but at what cost. Not a ton of opportunity for career enhancing moves.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out and encourage the managers/directors that are finding the right balance of process infrastructure and aggressive, entrepreneurial spirit.

Illumina Inc. Review

Senior Manager, Diagnostics Instrument Manufacturing (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Illumina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Cutting edge technology, motivated and hard working employees, great people… Cons: Same management team since early in the companys growth. Transitioning from start-up to small company to medium sized company with same management team has… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people who have former experience with the FDA and other regulatory agencies. It may not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

High tech, high speed

Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Illumina as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Illumina is doing very interesting leading edge work in gene sequencing. Some very smart people here, doing very cool work. Pace is very fast,… Cons: There are some political battles and defense of territories. It was clear some struggles had been going on for quite some… Advice to Senior Management: Look for ways to get people's eyes on the task at hand, rather than on the political territory. Not all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Illumina.

Worked for Illumina? Contribute to the Community!