Ingersoll-Rand

Horrible Sector Leadership

Finance (Current Employee)
Davidson, NC (US)

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people in the field. Field associates really care about the customer and doing what is right. There are still a few Trane people left that know what they are doing and care.

ConsSenior sector leadership is completely out of touch with reality and frankly over their heads. Their idea of long range planning is next quarter. The sector is totally reactive and changes direction continuously. If we had a bad month (relative to a stretch forecast) then we start laying people off. You will never hear the work customer mentioned at that level.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink longer term than next month or next quarter. Constant reorganizations and reductions in force are counter-productive.

It was a great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros: The work environment was amazing. Great people to work for! Cons: Sitting down most of the day getting back to back… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. More

Intern at Ingersoll Rand

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)
Carmel, IN (US)

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand full-time for less than a year

Pros: They have great team work, Company Culture & Values Cons: IR is a traditional company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ingersoll-Rand.

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!

Ingersoll-Rand – Why Work for Us?

Ingersoll Rand is composed of a diverse array of business and market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, With more than 58,000 employees in locations worldwide, we offer career opportunities as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingersoll-Rand reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ingersoll-Rand CEO Michael W. Lamach. All reviews posted anonymously by Ingersoll-Rand employees.