Ingram Micro

www.ingrammicro.com
  www.ingrammicro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

Good, but could be great with better management and leadership.

Current Employee - Engineer in Williamsville, NY (US)
Current Employee - Engineer in Williamsville, NY (US)

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

This is a fantastic place to learn and grow. If you work hard and do your job, there's no reason you can't advance with this company.

Cons

I just don't trust the senior management. Margins are slim in distribution, so couple that with Ingram's history of layoffs, and I don't feel very secure about my job sometimes. Cheapest company I've ever seen. Also, I think the oa could be a lot better, especially for Sales Engineer work. I know the cost of living in Buffalo isn't high, but come on.

Maybe you should learn to care about your employees? All you care about is the bottom dollar and what the balance sheets look like.

311 Other Employee Reviews for Ingram Micro (View Most Recent)

Ingram Micro is a Fortune 100 company for a reason!!!!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

Overall, Ingram Micro is the best employer that I have ever worked for. The associates here are respectful, professional, intelligent, and most importantly.. innovative. Directors are constantly on their toes with new initiatives, while the associates are constanlty thinking of new ideas to contribute to the bottom line (Why Not?). Although this may not be applicable to all of the departments, everyone has an opportunity to prove themselves, but IM will hold them accountable for the outcome of that opportunity.

Culture's a plus, benefits are a plus, mentorship is a plus, and associate development is a plus. Plus all of the charity events, matching of associate donations, and community outreach activities that IM is involved with makes you take pride in the company that you work for.

Cons

Although not applicable to me or my department, I have heard a few associates complain about pay. Which ends up leading to poor retention of quality associates. However, this might be due to misleading jop titles vs actual task's responsibility.

For ex, an associate with the title "Accountant" that has the sole responsibility of data entry and running system reports may be trying to compare themselves with an actual CPA.

The opportunity is there though, switch titles, job functions, and move from dept to dept if the opportunity to grow vertically doesn't present itself. The VP's and Directors are always encouraging associate growth. One should never rely on their annual merit increases, especially during these hard times.

As the years go by, margins are shrinking, which leads to loss of department activites. Although associates are rewarded in other ways, dept activities shouldn't be cut. It's obvious that it's for OpEx reasons, but it still lowers worker morale, which then affects performance.

Ingram Micro will use and abuse.

Current Employee - Buyer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Buyer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

People - the people you work with are nice and generally people you want to remain in contact with

Cons

Management - they are often too into their own "styles" and self preservation to look outside their group.

Listen to the employees. Often, they can provide you great insight on what works and what does not work so they should invest more time in listening to them and communicating back to them of some of the results.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro