Insight

www.insight.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Insight

No advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Other than the free stuff they give away there isn't much to like about this company.

Cons

- I am severely overqualified for my position but cannot advance to a new position because I am not Mormon or an attractive female.
- You will have to work with people who are barely capable of chewing their own food let alone being in an advanced position that requires some actual thought and planning to do.
- They constantly push us to sell services and labs but the team that runs that and does the pricing for us is a bunch of inept idiots. They transferred someone from their labs in Chicago to help the reps but she has absolutely no idea what she is doing and should be working as a janitor before being in the role she is in.
- The "trainings" they make you go to several times per week are redundant and run by people who have no idea what we are supposed to sell.
- They make us push special products and services daily and require us to call our clients to try and push these things when it makes no sense for us to contact them.

Management needs to reassess their jobs and realize that they should clean house and get rid of the people who are in the wrong positions. They need to get rid of all the people addicted to drugs and randomly drug test people because they are putting other employee's jobs in danger. Management needs to hire people who are qualified for the positions they have rather than putting anyone with a pulse, nice rack, or cute face in a position they are incapable of handling.

220 Other Employee Reviews for Insight (View Most Recent)

Starting Job

Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learn Lots and good environment

Cons

Overworked with Little Pay and hard to move up

Give people more routes for advancement, and when someone deserves a raise.. Give it to them.

Sales and Service - two different silos

Current Employee - Engineer in Waltham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are a remote Services employee, and work on a dedicated contract, the company leaves you alone and lets you do what that contract requires done. They do try, somewhat, to keep that contract.

Cons

The company is more focused on Sales, and not so focused on Services. The few Sales people who are assigned to go out, find Services contracts for the Services people to go work, and follow through on renewing those contracts don't cover their assigned area. They stick to the one major city, and that's it. This leaves remote dedicated Services guys in a lurch when a contract ends, is not renewed due to negligence, and no new contracts within 120 miles.

The company advertises itself as a Global company, and markets itself as such. When it comes to Services, though, EMEA and APAC are not covered. This puts the company at a disadvantage, as they are unable to get Global Services contracts with Global clients due to no FTE EMEA or APAC presence (instead they contract to a partner on a short term basis) for companies that require Global contracts. The company is unwilling to put forth the effort to expand to these areas, even after it has been raised.

The company's senior management seems unstable. Every month, at least 2 emails, sometimes more, come out about some member of senior management leaving, being reassigned, or being replaced.

If you are trying to expand Services share within the company, make sure you have your regions covered. If you have a rep assigned to cover 2-3 states, make sure they actually hit all the major cities in those states equally, not just the one the local office is in. Make sure that rep actually works with your existing clients proactively to secure contracts for the Services teammates assigned to that client.

Hiring a teammate on to work onsite at a client, then when that client is lost expecting that teammate to either drive 2 hours to next closest client, relocate, or move to full time travel is not a good move. If the teammate wanted one of those options, they would have chosen them at onboard. Work with a few clients in the general area... If you have one client, chances are there are a number of prospective clients who are nearby.

Don't advertise yourself as a Global Services company unless you are willing to put forth the effort to prove you are fully capable of delivering full global capabilities with Services offices or coverage in all major areas. If you are not willing to commit to being globally oriented, be willing to accept smaller clients until such time as you have infrastructure to commit to being globally oriented.

If a perk or event is offered to HQ employees, offer an equivalent or replacement to your remote employees, even if they are dedicated at a client. They are as much your employee as any HQ employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight