Intuit

www.intuit.com

Pathetic immigration policy. Other than that, will work for Intuit again.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

Pros1. Great mobility options, in my 4+ years at Intuit, I have changed roles three times. Twice, I changed because I sought out growth opportunities and had constructive conversations with my managers. If you are someone who owns your career and seeks out growth (lateral and upward) opportunities, you will like this. The third time I changed roles, it was a re-org (that is an annual thing by the way) and I was given time to think it over and consider.
2. Great people and have been fortunate to have good managers - although that is entirely subjective and depends on you. Both times I spoke to my managers about moving after 18+ months in my roles, they were very supportive.
3. Very open feedback culture, at least, in the face of it. I loved that and felt like I became a better person.
4. Great benefits in comp, bonus, equity although equity is being reduced. Spotlights are a cool way of instantly rewarding performance with a small cash award ($100-$500) and recognition.
5. Good immigration lawyers who can confidently handle your H1B and Green card cases.

Cons1. Immigration cost one star in my perspective as the Green Card policy is extremely sub par. While the lawyers are capable, internal policy is that only Staff Software Engineers qualify for EB2, everyone else, regardless of level/title only qualifies for EB3. My #1 reason for leaving Intuit is that I have >5 years of experience and am middle management, but am still considered EB3. I know folks at the Group Manager level but are in EB3 because they are not in engineering.
2. If your spouse has an option of getting an insurance elsewhere, but opts to take Intuit's (usually superior) insurance coverage, you are required to pay $100 per paycheck. That adds up and is a big sore thumb to pay $2600 per year just because my spouse has an option.
3. A little too much emphasis on soft skills and consensus and please, enough with the Leadership success profile. A little too much BS there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease bring the Immigration policy on par with other technology companies to prevent either an exodus or gradual attrition of immigrant talent. Please reduce the culture of management updates through powerpoint. Please review middle management based on 360 feedback and take strong action when needed...lots of dead weight floating around.

Amazing company to work for

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Opportunities to grow your career. Fun, fulfiling environment.… Cons: Large company, so lots of politics. Can be frustrating when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Work Culture, Laid back crows

Software Engineer I (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for less than a year

Pros: Excellent Benefits, friendly colleagues, work life balance Cons: Pay on the lower side Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!