Until you look under the hood....

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, compensation, customers, products

Cons

Lack of consistency in executing the operating values across sites.

When one of your core values is "its the people" you should be sure that you are hiring leaders that can foster that value.

Other Reviews for Intuit

Great place to work, hard to get promoted

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Intuit is a great company. Leadership is very transparent, open, and helpful. The company values its employees as much as shareholders. The pay and benefits are great.

Cons

Just make sure you negotiate the highest position/title/salary before you come on board. It is extremely difficult to get promoted to the next level, even after several years of being a "top performer". There is always the ability and option to move laterally, but if you want to go from "Manager" to "Senior Manger" or Senior Manager to Group manager, be prepared to wait, a while. As good a a company Intuit is at many things, there is no defined schedule to get to the next level, like at many other companies. This is often concerning as you can feel like your career has plateaued.

The unfair process, in my opinion, is that they really only promote once per year. They look at your performance and how others compare to you, kind of a 'curve', which is fine. BUT, they also look at your Business Unit performance for a very small snapshot in time (maybe just how it is doing that particular week) and use that to decide if people are getting promoted.

I completely understand that "if the business is down, why should we promote you?" mentality, but if you are a top performer year after year, but your BU is short at the particular time of reviews, you are essentially STUCK without the possibility of promotion, even if (as is usually the case) your business unit meets its annual goal. Not fair IMO.

Promote people the moment you think they are ready, not 1-2 per year at a defined time. If not, people become unhappy and think they've maxed out, and will move to another BU or worse, another company.

They walk the talk

Current Employee - Manager  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are first class, onsite gym, cafeteria, amazing work/life balance, opportunity to try new things and experiment, strong culture. There are also commute options, work from home options, and you can tell that people love the work. I've heard dozens of stories about how the company helped employees during their time of need and that makes for a really special place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!