J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com

1909 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Good company with decent benefits and decent amount of opportuntites

Area Manager (Former Employee) Cedar Hill, TX (US)

Prosjcp is not scared to place you in a role that you have no experience in. Multiple locations throughout the country which provides opportunities for advancement if willing to locate.

ConsLimited opportunities if not willing to locate. If a position is offered to you and you turn down the position (due to location or job preferences), it is difficult to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should evaluate their distribution center HR policies as there are a multitude of under-performing supervisors and managers who cannot be dismissed from the company due to the Pro-employee approach they take. This effects moral of quality employees.

Changes Are Killing My Branch

Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for more than a year

Pros: They have a good employee discount and, if you are good at your… Cons: You have to have a college degree to get into a management spot no matter how much you know or how long you've worked… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good store to work for and great experience

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros: affordable clothing new brands changing views for a younger market Cons: many employees employees may not know direction Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!