There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

JCPenney

Former Employee - Warehouse  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
Former Employee - Warehouse in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best company I ever worked for. Reason for leaving was that I moved.

Cons

Wasn't able to do 'on-the-job-training' as nuch as they said I would be able to.

2063 Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney (View Most Recent)

Run!!!! The Titanic is sinking.

Former Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working with nice people. Store discount.

Cons

You are a disposable number and that is all. The new CEO is making changes on a daily basis that impact peoples livelihood and there is no job security.

Get rid of the new CEO.

Like Rome, all empires eventually fall.

Current Employee - Sephora Sales
    Current Employee - Sephora Sales

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are great (most of them anyway). Misery loves company.
    The 25% discount.

Cons

I work at the Sephora inside JCP and we have to ask EVERY client; 1. "are you a beauty insider? Would you like to sign up for one? 2.We have an event next weekend, can I sign you up?(Sephora holds events almost every weekend. 3. Do you have a JCP credit card? would you like to sign up for one? 4. It says you're eligible for the jcp rewards points, would you like to sign up for that too? OH and #5. for the love of God, can you please take our survey!" It's is terrible and makes me want to run and hide when people are at the register. Ughh, how annoying it is to have to ask all that. I can only imagine being on the receiving end of the interrogation.
    Managers are constantly threatening cutting hours because we can't make last years figures, however they continue to hire more people. WOW!
    Loved the company when I first started and with all eyes on the company, I saw for myself what was happening and is continuing to happen. It's very sad.

Look, last years figures and this years figures are not going to compare when the company is going through major reorganization. A reorganization by a leader whose initiative was to cut titles, jobs & hours while expecting profits and "likability" to rise.
    As other commenters have said...please stop changing the rules every week and getting mad because we haven't been told about the 'new' rule yet, or can't keep straight which have changed or not.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!