There are newer employer reviews for JDSU

Great flexibility, Good work environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at JDSU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work environment is pretty good. You get a lot of flexibility. Good life/work balance.

Cons

The jobs are not challenging. Your ideas are not being considered. Some times, the projects gets end up using primitive technologies. There are no processes in place. Unable to get more projects. Existing projects are getting expired/closed.

177 Other Employee Reviews for JDSU (View Most Recent)

Stay away from JDSU if you're under 60

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

I have been working at JDSU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well compared to others in similar industries. That's about it.

Cons

The benefits are terrible, especially the stock purchase plan. Compared to other tech companies in our area, it's laughable. Retaliation by management if employees complain is alive and well. HR doesn't listen if you turn to them for help; their attitude it "suck it up or get out." JDSU is very old school in its management and promotion practices, and young employees don't stay long once they figure out they have no future here. Even the culture is old-school; no fun at all. The employees I see around me just drag through their days and no one seems happy to be here. For all its talk about collaboration, the company provides almost no social opportunities for employees to come together outside work, or even inside work. It's a thoroughly depressing place to be.

Stop trying to convince us that you care and actually SHOW us. You say you care about career development for your employees? All we see is management and high potential development, but nothing for the rest of us. Put your money where your mouth is, and develop the 80% of us who make up most of your company. Everybody wants to save money, but think about how much you lose every time great employees walk out the door because the company didn't do anything to make them want to stay.

Past

I worked at JDSU full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary, good benefits overall

Cons

Management out of touch with day to day activities

There are newer employer reviews for JDSU