JELD-WEN

www.jeld-wen.com

Good people, tedious and chaotic work environment

Product Data Programmer (Current Employee) Klamath Falls, OR (US)

ProsSomewhat flexible hours. General freedom in how to approach issues. No micromanagement. Very nice and knowledgeable team lead and senior developer.

ConsAverage wages. Little to no advancement (perhaps mostly economic). Hectic work environment. No cross-department oversight of project development. Little communication between departments that are dependent on each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat this position (product data programmer) as a skilled position to foster specialization and productivity, instead of a test bed for fledgling programmers looking to quickly move on (higher pay, attention of upper management). This is being done somewhat now, but the past effects of this attitude have lead to many current difficulties. Also, projects need greater attention to base design before work is started, forward-looking goals instead of emergency-based responses.

Product Data Programmer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: If you looking for commitment and marriage - this company is for you(… Cons: If you looking for commitment and marriage - this company… Advice to Senior Management: balance the need to produce products with people needs to have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good People, but NO Career growth or appreciation

Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible schedule, sales people are quality people with great personalities. Cons: Very Poor Pay. Got one raise in 6 years, no bonuses or commission in "Sales" regardless of managing a 15+ Million dollar area.… Advice to Senior Management: You have great Sales people working for you, and some great managers. You are going to continue to lose good people if you don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on JELD-WEN.

Worked for JELD-WEN? Contribute to the Community!