Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Relaxed and Friendly Work Environment

Current Employee - Food Coordinator  in  Carlsbad, CA (US)
Current Employee - Food Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA (US)

Pros

Extremely friendly environment.

Very laid back as well. Upper management easy to spot and come in contact with.

Cons

Pay.

IT department needs better management.

Marketing department also needs better management to fix problems with strategies and people responsible for those strategies that has not worked.

Increase pay for employees.

Improve medical benefits offered by the company.

Other reviews for Jenny Craig

Commission structure is horrible in todays economy....time for a change!

Current Employee - Program Director  in  Stockton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Program Director in Stockton, CA (US)

Pros

You really DO change people's lives. Helping people help themselves.

Cons

COMMISSION BASED PAY. No financial recognition. They give "move points" which mean nothing. It is not "all about helping the client" it's about "selling and upgrading the client". The commission based pay brings out the worst in coworkers. Company gives in to brown-nosers and kiss aes. You have to be really fake a lot of the time. Since the economy is so bad right now, 8 out of 10 sales people in our market are making less than $10 per hour!

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES!!!! GET RID OF THE COMMISSION STRUCTURE.

Weight Loss Consultant - A Rewarding Job

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

Pros

I worked as a Weight Loss Consultant in a Jenny Craig Center on the East Coast for two years. I worked part time (25 hours) during college and then went to full time (38 hours) once I graduated. I had a great experience and the job was a great fit for me at the time. The position was largely commission based, so the paychecks were not exactly the same every time, but I feel that I was fairly compensated. A little bit of sales knowledge was necessary to maximize every sale and in turn maximize my paycheck. Even if we were very busy, everyone pulled their weight because they knew that their paychecks would be impacted based on their contributed amount of work.

Helping people lose weight was a wonderful experience. It was great to be there with my clients every step of the way. A lot of my clients credited me with their weight loss success and thanked me endlessly. Of course they did all the work but it felt wonderful to be an inspiration to my clients.

Cons

The compensation is largely commission based, so it was a competitive environment among my female colleagues. There were also strong personalities that did not always mix when working in such an environment. In my center, there were some clear rules on when you should get credit for a sale and when someone else should get credit for a sale, and as long as everyone did the right thing, there were no problems.

There was not much room for growth. As a consultant, when my Center Director left, I wanted to be considered for the Center Director role with my newly obtained college degree. I was told that I needed to first move up through the appropriate levels including being a Program Director for at least a year. I was not interested in being a Program Director and ultimately left the company for an external corporate position.

I'm sure a lot of employees do not like the commission based compensation, but I do. It makes each employee accountable for their amount of work. I don't think its a bad system and I feel that I was fairly compensated because the more work I put in, the more money I got in my paycheck.

I was at Jenny Craig while working toward my bachelors degree. When I graduated, I wanted to be considered for an open Center Director role in my center. I was told by my District Manager that I needed to move up through the levels first and be a Program Director for at least a year. A Program Director role was not currently open. Ultimately I left the company for an external corporate HR position. I think I understand the reasoning in that JC wants their senior level employees to be strong at all positions in order to fill in when needed. But my advice to management would be that rising through the levels shouldn't be a deal breaker. You probably have top talent in your lowest levels. These people just need to be developed to reach their full potential.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!