JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com
  www.josbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Great place to work seasonally.

Former Employee - Casual Sales Associate in Arlington, VA (US)
Former Employee - Casual Sales Associate in Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

Honestly, the work load and the work itself was not bad. Pretty much something anyone with basic competence would be able to handle. The interview was extremely simple generally took about 5-10 minutes or so. Co-Workers are respectul.

Cons

It can get boring and redundant. You help people at times and don't get any commission due to your casual associate position.

Continue to do the great work you are doing.

377 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

Stay Away

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

Recognized Name
    Business Cards
    Networking Opportunities
    Weekly Pay Checks

Cons

Very Low Pay
    Benefits Package is way to costly for the amount of money you will actually be making
    No structured training for new employees
    Cold Calling to Customers is expected daily
    Don't look forward to career advancement
    The Draw System makes it very hard to earn a living
    Communication from management is imaginary
    Little notification about changes that affect you
    very high turnover rate

Update your POS system and management practices. The draw system is not working.

Weak training, low pay, hardly any motivation, high responsibility, constantly changing promotions!

Former Employee - Department Manager in Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

You can get up to 75% off of clothing (even though customers get up to 70%) and unbeatable deals on shoes(once a year).

Cons

The pay is lousy. You only get commission if you meet your draw per week. So I would have had to sell $6,500 worth of clothes per week before I even got a penny from commission. That means I would have to sell $10,000 worth of clothing a week to make like $100. Terrible.

If you are motivated and want to call people to buy suits on your own, then you might make some "OK" money, but the commission structure really killed my motivation.

Corporate visits where the big wigs fly in and inspect your store causes anxiety! Nothing ever happens as a result though--no one gets canned-- because they know how hard it is to find people to work for peanuts!

This company uses so much paper.

The Point of Sale system is junk, and 75% of the POS help desk have sad people skills, angry attitudes, and superior modes of thinking.

The tuxedo portion of the business is nothing but a big hassle.

I came in with a great attitude and worked for 6 months. I was never late, I took on lots of responsibility as a result of our staff being short-handed and having no manager; I bought the clothes and looked the part. Never once did it feel like it was worth it. I'm glad I had the experience because it gave me a chance to build a decent business wardrobe, learn about men's fashion and dress, which will help me for the rest of my life.

Like any bad experience, I learned to grow as a person, take on big responsibility without any reward, and grow as a salesman through trial and error because the only training was from 2 days of watching lousy videos.

I don't have any advice. You can't tell people who won't listen.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank