Memorable, great bunch of folks

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

before they bought out all the companies, Juniper was a great place to work. Salary was great. Stock options were generous. Benefits were great too. I met some very nice people there. It's also close to a walking path over by Yahoo and that was great to use. I have great memories from Juniper.

Cons

Once all the acquisitions started, my friends started getting laid off and the culture started to change. there was just so much conflict between east coast employees and west coast employees. My boss from the east coast would call me at 5 PST to see if I'm still at work. oh well, I still met great people there and would go back there still.

more communication

Other Reviews for Juniper Networks

Do you like re-orgs?

Current Employee - Engineering Director  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Juniper builds really large and expensive routers, switches and firewalls for ISPs and mobile networks. It has hired a lot of smart engineers
    Good salaries
    Flexible work hours
    Clearly articulated Juniper values

Cons

Constant shuffling of leadership and re-orgs.
    No company parties, events, or anything remotely fun.
    Terrible tools and infrastructure
    It is terrible at M&A. Fails to integrate every acquisition and within a few months to a year, it usually terminates the product or destroys its functionality.

Adhere to the juniper values
    Innovation isn't an activity, stop pretending to be some other search company.

Good people, Slow Career growth

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has some very smart people, who are honest and hard working. The company pays its employees well and has one of the best comp+benefits packages.

Cons

Suffers the problems of a big company, Lacks the ability to excite the workforce with vision or motivation. Slow career growth, slow pace of innovation, aborted projects and a high churn in people cause some significant instability.

Constantly changing org. structure ('reorgs') causes significant instability and reduces morale. Also, there must a stronger concerted effort to retain talent and promote growth. Most importantly, the company needs to promote innovation by organic growth instead of acquiring companies with little IP for a lot of money.

There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks.

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!