There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great place to build a career...if they let you finish it there.

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  Montvale, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Montvale, NJ (US)

I worked at KPMG US full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few years ago the company was great on work/life balance, employee satisfaction (as evidenced by their survey approval ratings) and community service. The atmosphere was great and it was a fun place to work. My former colleagues and I would even schedule community service activities and use our 12 paid hours to go out and help others, which was a great feeling. I am giving 4 stars overall because I couldn't choose 3.5 and also based on the fact that I learned a lot of things in my time there. The people are very talented people, and most of them are very nice...I found some good friends here so that bumps it up to 4 instead of down to 3.

Cons

Eventually, things started to change. The work/life balance disappeared...this all started with round, after round, after round, after round of layoffs and outsourcing. The office topic became about "who was working until midnight last night" or "who worked this weekend." Silly office politics started to come into play and people eventually seemed to forget how to smile.

Recognize the talent of your employees. Stop looking to make the review process ever more difficult and stop playing silly office politics and giving better reviews to people who do less work but are favorites for whatever subjective reason. Some people here work very hard and are overlooked, overworked and are the ones that are usually given crap while others are allowed to coast by. Be fair to everyone and show more appreciation for your employees. And for crying out loud, remember to have fun! A dull workplace makes for a poor workplace.

3031 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Good job for college graduates

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at KPMG US full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive environment for building up technical skills, especially useful for entry level accountants who often make mistakes. Clear-cut career path, relatively fast career advancement. Flat structure, zero politics, great place for genuine friendship among colleagues. Extensive holidays (sometimes can last for 1 or 2 months), of course as a trade-off from peak season hours.

Cons

Horrible hours, especially during peak seasons. Life styles differ greatly among engagements. Accounting and analytical piece fun but audit procedures are generally boring and extensive. Juggling with IT programs can sometimes drive you crazy.

Differentiate salary to retain the best people. Current salary structure doesn't provide any incentives for top performance.

Good company...

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

Benefits are good. People are good.

Cons

If you are not an accountant, it can be difficult to fit in...

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!