KPMG US

www.kpmg.com
  www.kpmg.com
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great place to build a career...if they let you finish it there.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Montvale, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Montvale, NJ (US)

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A few years ago the company was great on work/life balance, employee satisfaction (as evidenced by their survey approval ratings) and community service. The atmosphere was great and it was a fun place to work. My former colleagues and I would even schedule community service activities and use our 12 paid hours to go out and help others, which was a great feeling. I am giving 4 stars overall because I couldn't choose 3.5 and also based on the fact that I learned a lot of things in my time there. The people are very talented people, and most of them are very nice...I found some good friends here so that bumps it up to 4 instead of down to 3.

Cons

Eventually, things started to change. The work/life balance disappeared...this all started with round, after round, after round, after round of layoffs and outsourcing. The office topic became about "who was working until midnight last night" or "who worked this weekend." Silly office politics started to come into play and people eventually seemed to forget how to smile.

Recognize the talent of your employees. Stop looking to make the review process ever more difficult and stop playing silly office politics and giving better reviews to people who do less work but are favorites for whatever subjective reason. Some people here work very hard and are overlooked, overworked and are the ones that are usually given crap while others are allowed to coast by. Be fair to everyone and show more appreciation for your employees. And for crying out loud, remember to have fun! A dull workplace makes for a poor workplace.

3168 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Internship

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

good working environment
    friendly colleagues
    good learning place

Cons

low pay
    not much empowerment at the junior level

KPMG Management Consulting provides an interesting and rewarding work environment without MBB's downsides.

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at KPMG US full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- interesting and varied projects
    - challenging atmosphere
    - open hierarchies encouraging entrepreneurial thinking
    - majority of colleagues is very friendly

Cons

- less top management contact than at the large strategy consulting firms
    - unattractive compensation

Stop trying to standardize and harmonize the organization all the time and accept that it's a generic and dynamic system of "partner-leaded isles" that cannot be transformed into a lean corporate organization. :-)

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US