KPMG US

www.kpmg.com

Great place to build a career...if they let you finish it there.

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Montvale, NJ (US)

ProsA few years ago the company was great on work/life balance, employee satisfaction (as evidenced by their survey approval ratings) and community service. The atmosphere was great and it was a fun place to work. My former colleagues and I would even schedule community service activities and use our 12 paid hours to go out and help others, which was a great feeling. I am giving 4 stars overall because I couldn't choose 3.5 and also based on the fact that I learned a lot of things in my time there. The people are very talented people, and most of them are very nice...I found some good friends here so that bumps it up to 4 instead of down to 3.

ConsEventually, things started to change. The work/life balance disappeared...this all started with round, after round, after round, after round of layoffs and outsourcing. The office topic became about "who was working until midnight last night" or "who worked this weekend." Silly office politics started to come into play and people eventually seemed to forget how to smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the talent of your employees. Stop looking to make the review process ever more difficult and stop playing silly office politics and giving better reviews to people who do less work but are favorites for whatever subjective reason. Some people here work very hard and are overlooked, overworked and are the ones that are usually given crap while others are allowed to coast by. Be fair to everyone and show more appreciation for your employees. And for crying out loud, remember to have fun! A dull workplace makes for a poor workplace.

Business Advisor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at KPMG US

Pros: Upward mobility/advancement and great people to be around Cons: Work a lot of overtime as well as More

Relax, not so much work everyday

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at KPMG US as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good environment. Workload highly depends on the project you are working on.… Cons: People are moving quickly. 4 out of 7 people in my… Advice to Senior Management: More networking opportunities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KPMG US.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!