KPMG US

www.kpmg.com
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great place to build a career...if they let you finish it there.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Montvale, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Montvale, NJ (US)

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A few years ago the company was great on work/life balance, employee satisfaction (as evidenced by their survey approval ratings) and community service. The atmosphere was great and it was a fun place to work. My former colleagues and I would even schedule community service activities and use our 12 paid hours to go out and help others, which was a great feeling. I am giving 4 stars overall because I couldn't choose 3.5 and also based on the fact that I learned a lot of things in my time there. The people are very talented people, and most of them are very nice...I found some good friends here so that bumps it up to 4 instead of down to 3.

Cons

Eventually, things started to change. The work/life balance disappeared...this all started with round, after round, after round, after round of layoffs and outsourcing. The office topic became about "who was working until midnight last night" or "who worked this weekend." Silly office politics started to come into play and people eventually seemed to forget how to smile.

Recognize the talent of your employees. Stop looking to make the review process ever more difficult and stop playing silly office politics and giving better reviews to people who do less work but are favorites for whatever subjective reason. Some people here work very hard and are overlooked, overworked and are the ones that are usually given crap while others are allowed to coast by. Be fair to everyone and show more appreciation for your employees. And for crying out loud, remember to have fun! A dull workplace makes for a poor workplace.

3290 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Director

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generous salaries, flexible work arrangements.

Cons

No vision - reacts to today's matters, not tommorrow.

Relaxed

Former Intern - Management Intern in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Intern - Management Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at KPMG US as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Fun, get to do CIP, get on-the-job training and alot of formal training sessions (on average once a week).

Cons

only assign very basic work that doesnt require alot of skills. The management is very lean and everyone works very hard and long hours.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US