Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

www.kratosdefense.com
  www.kratosdefense.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

a corporate raider

Former Employee - I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the benefits were good. I don't have anything else good to say.

Cons

My department was run by people who didn't know what they were doing, and treated the people who DID know what they were doing poorly. Now, the people who did the work are laid off and the managers are still there. What could they be doing?

Treat the worker bees like the assets they are, and don't let managers run amuck.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (View Most Recent)

More Interested In Acquisitions than compensation or training for Front-Line Employees!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great front-line worker camaraderie and the ESOP is very competitive!

Cons

Compared to other Defense Contractors such as SAIC, CACI the pay is very uncompetitive and it's obvious middle management has been mandated to cut training and compensation in order to go on a acquisition spree. The pay in the D.C. area is around 20% lower than what similar firms pay. On my exit interview the Govt. side wants to know why turn-over is so high and I intend on telling them why! Since turn-over is so high, Ive been told their probably going to lose this Govt. Contract when it comes up for renewal. Greed will cost you in the long run!

Your Acquisition spree in lieu of taking care of your front-line workers will eventually come back to bite you! Trust me, I'm hearing the Govt. is getting tired of you sparing resources on your employees while purchasing assets which reflects your core values.

Great co-workers

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros

Good co-workers
    they maintain employee morale with lots of well thought out picnics, etc.
    good with flex time

Cons

didn't recognize key workers and compensate them
    did not manage budgets well at all

There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions