Never felt like an employee of the company but they did pay well and have nice benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits including health care, dental and even free vision. 401K matching at 4.5% after being full vested was a bonus. Friendly employees and co-workers. Paid well, at least for my job as a government contractor. Free set of four Padres tickets every year for one game for all employees.

Cons

Lack of communication from the management. Provided no training that would have made me qualified for other positions within the company. No new work for current employees and many lay-offfs. The best employees tended to leave for other companies, leaving new people in positions such as HR and finance. Company stock at a all time low.

Find more work in San Diego. Expand on current work instead of buying more small companies. Keep your employees more informed about the company. Don't tell employees how well the company is doing when the stock price says otherwise.

Other Reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

a corporate raider

Former Employee - I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

the benefits were good. I don't have anything else good to say.

Cons

My department was run by people who didn't know what they were doing, and treated the people who DID know what they were doing poorly. Now, the people who did the work are laid off and the managers are still there. What could they be doing?

Treat the worker bees like the assets they are, and don't let managers run amuck.

More Interested In Acquisitions than compensation or training for Front-Line Employees!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great front-line worker camaraderie and the ESOP is very competitive!

Cons

Compared to other Defense Contractors such as SAIC, CACI the pay is very uncompetitive and it's obvious middle management has been mandated to cut training and compensation in order to go on a acquisition spree. The pay in the D.C. area is around 20% lower than what similar firms pay. On my exit interview the Govt. side wants to know why turn-over is so high and I intend on telling them why! Since turn-over is so high, Ive been told their probably going to lose this Govt. Contract when it comes up for renewal. Greed will cost you in the long run!

Your Acquisition spree in lieu of taking care of your front-line workers will eventually come back to bite you! Trust me, I'm hearing the Govt. is getting tired of you sparing resources on your employees while purchasing assets which reflects your core values.

There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!