Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
www.kratosdefense.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

The old DEI Services

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
Winter Park, FL (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

ProsThe pay and benefits were good to excellent. At one time, there was a diversity of products to work on. Raises were decent.

ConsProjects were mismanaged. People were just dumped into projects and expected to "hit the ground running" or they were dropped on the roadside. Projects were behind schedule and their configuration management was a complete mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstall people in management positions who encourage employees to excel and offer opportunities to improve their skill sets. Do not grow too fast, but don't shut the place down either. Reduce operating costs by renegotiating rental contracts for office space.

Kratos acquired my company, lost contracts, underbid contracts, and layoffs followed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits package. Kratos upper management maintained a hands off approach to acquired companies, for… Cons: Not much job security here. Few contracts were won, and those were underbid, placing excessive burdens on employees to… Advice to Senior Management: A corporate reputation for quality cannot be maintained if quality… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Hot to cold

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible work hours and/or telecommute options depending on your job title. As one of the worker bees in the production department, I was able… Cons: When a contract is getting to its' end, you'll find yourself with nothing to do more and more and you could be sitting on "overhead"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions CEO Eric M. DeMarco. All reviews posted anonymously by Kratos Defense & Security Solutions employees.