There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

So far I enjoy it

Current Employee - Stock Clerk  in  Smyrna, GA (US)
Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Smyrna, GA (US)

I have been working at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

the company as a whole is a great place to work. It seems with the new interview process a lot more good associates are found with outstanding personalities and the drive to actually go the extra mile for the customers.

Cons

I have noticed double standards on night shift. When there are rules in place, certain individuals feel they are above them and they will do just the opposite.

1509 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Nice and friendly working environment

Current Employee - Cashier  in  La Porte, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in La Porte, TX (US)

I have been working at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

-the friendliness and helpfulness of co-workers
    -Easy when need to switch shifts

Cons

-Passive aggressiveness of management
    -Lack of communication between management (all levels)

Communicate with middle management and don't be afraid to tell someone they are doing something wrong. It's the only way they can fix and improve their work habits. Vague notes written by the clock in station probably won't reach the intended recipient.

High turnover rate and now I understand why

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a known name. They will hire ANYONE as long as you say you can work ANY shift, you PASS the assessment test on the employment application, drug test (cheek swab given right then and there) and background check. Training is paid, but make sure you stay for the entire time you're scheduled because if you don't that will mean less money on your first paycheck.

Cons

1. Extremely low pay.
    2, Crazy, erratic, non-consistent hours.
    3. Training is not thorough at all. They pretty much just toss you on the floor and expect for you to know how to do any and everything in the store,even if you have ZERO experience.
    4. It's basically impossible to get a day off for any reason. Once you tell them your availability during the hiring process, they basically will not allow you to change it.

Treat your employees better and maybe your stores wouldn't be understaffed like the one I was at. It proved that getting hired easily isn't always a good thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!