There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Its good, just not enough pay.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Little Elm, TX (US)
Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Little Elm, TX (US)

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working at the Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas because it is a friendly work environment, and my co-workers are very friendly.

Cons

The down side to working at Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas is that they are not very flexible and the pay is not very good.

pay raise

1613 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

High turnover rate and now I understand why

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a known name. They will hire ANYONE as long as you say you can work ANY shift, you PASS the assessment test on the employment application, drug test (cheek swab given right then and there) and background check. Training is paid, but make sure you stay for the entire time you're scheduled because if you don't that will mean less money on your first paycheck.

Cons

1. Extremely low pay.
    2, Crazy, erratic, non-consistent hours.
    3. Training is not thorough at all. They pretty much just toss you on the floor and expect for you to know how to do any and everything in the store,even if you have ZERO experience.
    4. It's basically impossible to get a day off for any reason. Once you tell them your availability during the hiring process, they basically will not allow you to change it.

Treat your employees better and maybe your stores wouldn't be understaffed like the one I was at. It proved that getting hired easily isn't always a good thing.

Crappy

I have been working at Kroger

Pros

Nothing that I could find in my time working with the company, everything was completely and utterly negative the entire time.

Cons

They hire everyone part time and dont like to make anyone full time because they dont like to give benefits.
    They Don't want to pay anything over minimum Wage

Show the employees you care, and dont overhire part-timers to keep from paying benefits

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger