There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

Micro-managed and pushed to make high pressure sales

Current Employee - Training General Manager
Current Employee - Training General Manager

I have been working at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can make very good money if you put in time. Free gym membership and you get to talk fitness all day long.

Cons

Company employs questionably ethical practices in regards to membership sales and contracts. They encouraged high pressure sales tactics in order to meet daily goals, and if you didn't meet goal 2 or 3 pay periods in a row you were typically terminated. As a Training General Manager I routinely received 9-12 phone calls a day from the VP regarding setting appointments and posted sales.

Focus on decreasing attrition through improved customer service and give GM greater ability to attract and retain more highly qualified trainers.

352 Other Employee Reviews for LA Fitness (View Most Recent)

Was a great place to start as a Personal Trainer, since I worked with a staff of at least 20 trainers..

Former Employee - Personal Trainer  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at LA Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great place to learn from other trainers and their styles, etc..access to pretty nice gyms nationwide..

Cons

underpaid for the responsibilities a personal trainer has to shoulder (safety and health of my clients) $6.00/30 mins sessions (?)..raises (a quarter at a time..r u kidding me).."group training" (ASSembly line training..aka Fast Food Training) was shoved down my throat with the reasoning that I would make more $ (oh yeah "I" would make more $) and sometimes a trainer could sit for 2 hours without an appt..yet, u really cant leave..so, u sit without making any $ for 2hrs..and, cant really fit in another job..how? i starved and finally moved on..

when u purchase raw materials or office equipment..u pay for the best..u should compensate ur manpower/womanpower [trainers]..some of the best, most dedicated, studious trainers around for their talent and hard and smart work..that's why people move on..in search of greener pastures..and u need to care more about your members as well..sheesh..no wonder u have a nationwide class action suit against u for misrepresentation at P.O.S. (they will NOT let u out of THAT CONTRACT..even when a member gives fair notice...they have to jump through hoops-on fire-that move..its ridiculous..

Ehh

Current Employee - Sales Counselor  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can get paid for doing nothing.

Cons

Way too much outside sales.

There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!