Great

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Research Associate in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Lab Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

the recruiters were dependable. Always reached out to make sure things were going well at place of assignment.

Cons

As with most contract positions, no benefits of any kind. Thus I had to find something more permanent and where I could build a career.

Other Reviews for Lab Support

They were never able to get me a contract

I have been working at Lab Support as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was told I could gain more experience since I'm entry level and that it would take no more than 2 weeks to obtain a contract. I thought this would be a very good thing for me because I need more experience to beef up my resume.

Cons

It's been 2 months after I received candidacy from lab support and I was still unable to obtain a contract. I have received phone calls about jobs but when I call back about them my recruiter tells me that I am under-qualified for the positions. I have had to call every week for the past 2 months for an update because my recruiter never seems to call me. I have also called my recruiter many times and left multiple voice mails without any reply. I wish they called or replied to emails

Please return emails or calls and don't waste time with jobs that are not appropriate

A Necessary Evil

I have been working at Lab Support full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

OALS is quick to respond to the worker in an effort to set up the initial testing, paperwork and registration with their company. They appear to have many contacts for placing workers and there is little downtime between placements. They are prompt to return phone calls

Cons

While OALS is quick to return phone calls, it often seems there is not much communication. The worker finds himself in a position of having to ask the right questions to get all the answers. There are no known opportunities for additional training through OALS (tech classes, safety, presentations are provided through the placement company - and only if the placement company is willing to pay for it; OALS does not cover anything they are not reimbursed for by the placement company).

Many people may not be long term employees of OALS; however, in this time of high use of contract workers, it might be ideal to revise your policies to include additional benefits for long term contract employees. There is a gap in ownership between the contract worker and OALS. Bridging that gap would be beneficial to all parties involved (not to mention increasing the referral rate).

There are newer employer reviews for Lab Support.

Worked for Lab Support? Contribute to the Community!