Lehman Brothers
www.lehman.com New York, NY 6 to 15 Employees

Always worked with smart and driven people, every day was exciting

Senior Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at Lehman Brothers full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Firm only recruited the brightest people so you were always working with people that hallenged you. But is was also a very team oriented company so the balance was important of moving business forward.

ConsTowards the end there was morebegoninvolved by he senior management and that led to the rims downfall. They should have thought about employees who built the company and not there personal bank accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let greed get in the way of doing the right thing, even if it is hard to do

Ambitious, entrepreneurial but not as well managed as the top investment banks

Senior Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at Lehman Brothers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Was on the upswing, attracting talent with drive Cons: Risk control processes not well in place. Bankruptcy. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a great firm to work for

Analyst (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Lehman Brothers full-time for more than a year

Pros: Management listened. Stuff got done. Bureaucracy was minimized. Cons: They levered up on real estate and went bankrupt. Advice to Senior Management: Don't bet the entire firm on the views of three… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lehman Brothers.

Worked for Lehman Brothers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lehman Brothers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Lehman Brothers employees.