LifePoint Hospitals
www.lifepointhospitals.com Brentwood, TN 5000+ Employees

Hospital Support Center ("Corporate") is a great place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than a year

ProsLifePoint has a very encouraging, relaxed work environment. Everyone is supportive and there is a true spirit of providing great hospital care to rural America. The corporate offices, called the Hospital Support Center (HSC), houses all of the centralized services that support the hospitals. There truly is a spirit within the HSC of serving our network of hospitals. We recognize that we don't create any billable charges - rather we support those that do.

The culture is very relaxed and forward-thinking. Innovation is encouraged and supported. Within my service areas, employees have direct access to VP and Sr VP level executives. There is enough of a hierarchy to keep things orderly, but there is no superiority complex amongst executives.

While I cannot speak to the status of working within one of the hospitals specifically, the "HSC" is a great work environment.

ConsLifePoint is a growing company. It has added multiple hospitals over the past few years. As it grows, it needs to take advantage of the size-based leverage opportunities available to the company. It also needs to further define/refine employee career pathways. There is hardly any "development" program, although there is a VERY loose O development program that has no clear entry/application route. As HSC employees continue there career, it is hard to identify how/where to grow within the HSC or the facilities themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts clear you value your employees - keep up the good work, but help mid-career individuals find ways to grow professionally and identify career pathways within the company. If you think I'm a good or great employee, be proactive to retain me before I begin to look elsewhere for much needed professional growth.

Most unsafe hospital I was ever employed

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Livingston, TN (US)

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay was ok, and years ago when I first began… Cons: Consistently understaffed, poorly equipped, and the turnover rate led to incompetent nursing because competent nurses speak out about understaffing and unsafe patient environments. Incompetent… Advice to Senior Management: Your management style is,short sighted and in to long run will be your downfall. Pay attention to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Do not practice their espoused values.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Brentwood, TN (US)

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Hard to find any pros. Cons: Ultra-political; executives are extremely self-serving. Advice to Senior Management: Senior officers should get to know what really goes on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on LifePoint Hospitals.

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifePoint Hospitals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LifePoint Hospitals CEO Bill Carpenter III. All reviews posted anonymously by LifePoint Hospitals employees.