Limelight Networks

www.limelight.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Best job I've had

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the Seattle office is second to none. Everyone's working together to make great products. We have almost no conflict between engineering, management, product and sales.

You might not believe this, but as a software team, we get to spend the time we need to deliver high quality, maintainable software, rather than rushed, buggy crap. Both product management and sales respect the engineering team's recommendations and only occasionally oversell / overcommit.

Cons

Some of the company policies coming from HQ can introduce unnecessary overhead around things like machine acquisition and deployments, but even this is kept in check by excellent management.

Continue growing toward the more agile, less process driven ways of doing things. Follow the lead of the Seattle office to develop a collaborative, trust-based environment throughout the entire company.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks (View Most Recent)

My experience at Limelight has been amazing, with so many innovative people with the work hard play hard attitude.

Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere
    telecommute
    producing technology that the world uses and will rely on

Cons

Dynamic environment, change is always taking place in effort to improve efficiency.
    Top level communication is sometimes vague.

In my opinion, it is better to delay the launch of a product when it is not ready to protect the brand vs. releasing a product to meet a date requirement.

Something like:

Customers would rather have a house with doors a month late, rather than getting a house with no doors on the scheduled delivery date.

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good technology stack and awesome team support to build innovative features, smart people, lots of growth opportunities. Definitely the best company I have worked for in terms of Job as well as the people working around me. Offers flexibility to maintain a work life balance.

Cons

Need to improve on medical plan offerings for families

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks