Linear Technology
www.linear.com Milpitas, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Consistently stable

Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSolid in most areas. Good engineering talent especially in Design and Applications. Can be financially rewarding and job security is good. 4 or 6 week (depending on position) sabbatical every 5 years in addition to normal vacation.

ConsCompany culture is somewhat stuffy, especially considering that it is a high tech company. Company tends to really adhere to the phrase "do more with less".
Demanding.

Industry-leading OTJ in Power Electronics

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Company is very conservatively run with predictable and stable performance even in tough economic times as these. Highly intelligent, capable, and… Cons: Base compensation is sub-par, sometimes leading to lowered morale & motivation. Benefits and amenities are seen as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

awesome place to learn analog IC design

Intern (Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA (US)

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros: smart people relatively flat management hierarchy Cons: no work from home for interns ! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Linear Technology.

Worked for Linear Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Linear Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Linear Technology CEO Lothar Maier. All reviews posted anonymously by Linear Technology employees.