Local Great Coupons

www.localgreatcoupons.com
  www.localgreatcoupons.com
There are newer employer reviews for Local Great Coupons

Dishonest, Shady, and Terrible

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Loveland, OH (US)
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Loveland, OH (US)

I worked at Local Great Coupons full-time for less than a year

Pros

If I could give this 0 stars I would. Most of the people are ok, albeit pretty shady. They're smooth-talkers and seem genuine at first but you soon realize they're just doing whatever they have to in order to make them money. Which is fine because it IS a business but everything is done in a very underhanded way.

Cons

Oh let me count the ways.
-Pretending they will"work" with you to help you succeed but really that just means walking around, listening to what you say on the phone. They act like you should do something other than what you are doing on the phone but yet when they're plugged in with you they don't actually help you through the call or offer any real practical advice.
-The PAY!! Supposedly it's 40,000 yr plus commission. This is a lie. If you aren't performing up to their standards, even when you're brand new, they will either fire you right before you receive your first paycheck (6 weeks in) OR they'll say they want to "continue to work with you" and will move your pay down to $8 something an hour right before your first pay check (retroactively, of course). Even when some of the weeks you performed above or to their standards. They don't pay you the full amount for the weeks you DID live up to their standards. Then a week later they will fire you anyway and another 2 months later you will receive a check for -SURPRISE- minimum wage. I definitely did NOT see that coming.
-There's the 8-5 shift. But really you have to be at your desk and ready to go by the morning meeting which is at 7:55ish. And if you leave every day at 5, it is extremely frowned upon.
-The way people are walked out of the room and you never see them again. People are fired all around you all the time and you work with the axe hanging over your neck every day. I worked there for about 7 weeks total and there were probably over 30 people hired during that time, 28 of which were fired during that time.
-Although they are very specific about not lying to your potential customers, you toe the line really close and it's all very shady and salesy.
-They want you to "fight" for your sales and have a conversation and make small talk but somehow you still need to make a very large number of calls a day.

Maybe you should just hire some persuasive robots.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Local Great Coupons (View Most Recent)

Worst Professional Experience I've Had

Former Employee - Sales  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Local Great Coupons full-time for less than a year

Pros

The building has a gym in it.

Cons

No Direct Deposit
    Expectations of being there early and late without being paid.
    Getting Paid....especially your final check....they DO NOT PAY YOU
    Ask how Deals that Gave back worked for the companies.....you guessed it DID NOT GET PAID
    Zero Leadership.... the little rah rah you get twice a day is so they can just keep their thumb on you.

You just do not get it.

Hands-down the absolute worst company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Inside Sales Rep  in  Loveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Rep in Loveland, OH (US)

I worked at Local Great Coupons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can make a paycheck if you follow the deceitful selling practices you are told to establish

Cons

-- Management walks around constantly checking on the new hires and looks for reasons to fire them. The vast majority of people either quit or are let go within the first 4 weeks
    -- The 'up-sell' is based on an absolute lie. There is no 'special offer, today-only' that just suddenly pops up on the screen, and the feigned surprise that business managers hear from Local Great Coupons employees is exactly that. It is true that it's a one-time offer, but it doesn't just so happen to pop up on the screen at the time of the sale
    -- This is a sales call center that pays hourly but does not allow overtime even if you work overtime hours. This is illegal but for some reason they've continued to get away with it
    -- Piggy-backing onto the websites of local cities' news affiliates in order to come off as being credible
    -- The 'marketing consultant' included as part of the sales pitch never once answered the phone all the times I called to test it out. Instead it went directly to voicemail. I tried multiple times at different times of the day and the result was still the same. So once the product is sold there seems to be no way to call in and get a live person on the phone. Is this good customer service?
    -- If you are let go within the first month, instead of the $10/hr you expected you are bumped down, retro-actively-- to minimum wage
    -- They did not give us copies of all the paperwork we signed on the first day. I should have seen this a major red flag from the start. That $10/hr down to minimum wage is included in that paperwork but maybe they would just rather have the new-hires forget about that?
    -- This is a one-interview, hired position. No follow ups and no second interviews. That should tell you something about the turnover rate

Tell people up front just how many you fire within the first month, or how many leave on their own accord so that new hires know what they're getting into. I would say to give people more time to make a sale before you fire them-- which is the case at respectable companies-- but keep firing them anyway. You're actually doing them a favor so that they can get a real job elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Local Great Coupons

Worked for Local Great Coupons? Contribute to the Community!