There are newer employer reviews for Louis Berger

Zero stars

Current Employee - Civil Engineer  in  Northeast, NY (US)
Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Northeast, NY (US)

I have been working at Louis Berger full-time

Pros

The best thing I can say about Berger is that they kept me employed through some lean years when a lot of engineers are out of work.

Cons

Where do I begin?... It's real easy to blast an employer so let me list some specifics. This is a company that cares very little about their employees. They work their people very hard--frequently without compensation for overtime. The turnover ratio is crazy and clients notice these things. Berger believes they can beat the competition by having the lowest overhead rate. 100% utilization is expected. If not, layoffs are on the way ("right sizing" in company lingo). Almost every project goes over budget forcing employees to work on their own time. They preach the importance of doing quality work but don't budget enough to do it.

Health insurance coverage is poor and premiums expensive. Recently Berger has stopped matching 401(k)s with cash and replaced it with company stock instead. No choice. Human Resources is awful. The company does not like to spend money on equipment or employee training--very cheap.

From reading the other reviews here I can see that my office is not any different from the others. There are much better places to work--even in this economy.

Upper management says all the right things but it's hard to trust Berger execs. The company badly needs to change from the top down. Hire some top execs from your competitors and implement their recommendations.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Louis Berger (View Most Recent)

Challenging and enriching.

Current Employee - Contracts Specialist  in  Davao (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Contracts Specialist in Davao (Philippines)

I have been working at Louis Berger as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

It offers a lot of experience and exposure to real world of EPCM.

Cons

It gives low salary increase. This usually affects the behavior and performance of the employee.

Motivate the employees by giving sufficient salary increase and more professional training.

Worst Company to work for

Former Employee - Manager  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at Louis Berger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good central location. Nice restaurants nearby!

Cons

Unethical and Rude executives, no upward movements!
    Low Pay. Sr Management treat employees like slaves, wants them to work 7am to 7pm everyday.
    Low work ethics - no training provided. Gets work through political connections and does not deliver. Dissatisfied clients.

Pay better, treat people as equals. Improve employee morals.

There are newer employer reviews for Louis Berger

Worked for Louis Berger? Contribute to the Community!