M&T Bank

Fairly Good Company in unstable banking times

Accountant (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompany has had over 135 quarters of straight profits. Stable-does not look to merge with larger banks.

ConsCertain employees with many years and experience are not promoted to Officers of the bank (extra perks such as bonuses) when other people with purely generous managers are promote (title/pay) with a yr or 2 tenure. Luck of the draw!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure HR works to ensure each person has a career path. Not everyone does. For someone who likes the culture of the bank, they may leave because of immobility.

Very average bank that is unwilling to develop their employees

Relationship Banker (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: Most of the people you work with are very nice… Cons: Upper management is only concerned with making sure their region meets their goals and not the… Advice to Senior Management: Develop your current employees and they will be more likely to stick around. Stop hiring… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Slow Advancement of Your career with this bank

Relationship Banker II (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 401k benefits, vacation, holidays, and flexibility Cons: sales driven, little room for advancement if not in retail. More

There are newer reviews on M&T Bank.

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&T Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M&T Bank CEO Bob Wilmers. All reviews posted anonymously by M&T Bank employees.