MD Anderson Cancer Center

www.mdanderson.org
  www.mdanderson.org
There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center

Disappointed in our mission taking a back seat

Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with the best minds in finding a cure for cancer. Many dedicated employees who still concentrate on quality patient care are keeping the place afloat. Patients are wonderful, hopeful, giving and worthwhile.

Cons

Too many chiefs who are more into $, power and prestige than patients or a cure for cancer -unless it can make them more money. Conflict of Interest questions are embarassing to those of us who just want to concentrate on what we are supposed to be all about. Seems to just keep moving further downhill in the CARING and INTEGRITY department.

Cut the fat at the top. Hire only upppers who CARE, have INTEGRITY and really do value TEAMWORK. Front lines do thier best, despite some really dumb decisions by uppers that cause employee hardships while we just keep trying to do our jobs, keep our jobs, and provide our best to patients. But we are losing some great people, our 'best asset."

340 Other Employee Reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center (View Most Recent)

Good place to do cancer research

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good environment to work in research. Opportunity to collaborate with many experts in different areas. Excellent facilities. actually too many buildings!

Cons

No interaction with other staff out of your field. Limited opportunity for growing outside of your field. Staff working with grants management make your work more difficult.

I enjoy working for the company

Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are great opportunities and support for career advancement depending on the area that you are in. The quest for knowledge is appreciated here and majority of the people who work here really love what they do.

Cons

This hospital houses a lot of highly skilled and highly educated professionals, so it can be difficult to obtain optimal job. So many apply and so many are qualified. Since this is a larger hospital, the work load is a lot more than some other institutions who may pay virtually the same salaries.

Continue to support employee development and work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center