MD Anderson

www.mdanderson.org

Disappointed in our mission taking a back seat

Program Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsOpportunity to work with the best minds in finding a cure for cancer. Many dedicated employees who still concentrate on quality patient care are keeping the place afloat. Patients are wonderful, hopeful, giving and worthwhile.

ConsToo many chiefs who are more into $, power and prestige than patients or a cure for cancer -unless it can make them more money. Conflict of Interest questions are embarassing to those of us who just want to concentrate on what we are supposed to be all about. Seems to just keep moving further downhill in the CARING and INTEGRITY department.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the fat at the top. Hire only upppers who CARE, have INTEGRITY and really do value TEAMWORK. Front lines do thier best, despite some really dumb decisions by uppers that cause employee hardships while we just keep trying to do our jobs, keep our jobs, and provide our best to patients. But we are losing some great people, our 'best asset."

Great place to work!

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I worked at MD Anderson full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, including tuition reimbursement and a nice gym on campus to work out in. MD Anderson also… Cons: The starting salary is relatively low for some positions. Also, MD Anderson… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great institution to be part of it; I worked here as Senior Statistical Analyst

Senior Statistical Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I worked at MD Anderson full-time for less than a year

Pros: It offers an academic environment with huge community of researchers and investigators. Got opportunity to mange and analyze data with millions of records of cancer… Cons: Based on the huge size and diverse nature of various departments, HR… Advice to Senior Management: New hires must be cross verified by 2 referees at random by the institution anonymously to avoid conglomeration of same ethnic, gender of religious subgroups.… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MD Anderson.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!