MIT

www.mit.edu

Hard but fulfilling work

Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

ProsIf you like hard but meaningful work, this is the right place. Knowing that you are at the cutting edge of research is exciting. Graduate stipend is good enough to live on, and health benefits are great.

ConsAs other people have pointed out, you are working with the best and brightest, so it is easy to get down on yourself if you aren't "perfect." Sometimes the hours are very long--expect to work 50+ hours a week for a "part-time" RA.

Intense, rewarding and challenging

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at MIT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Collaborate with the best and smartest, learn and able to challenge and improve yourself constantly, very collaborative atmosphere,… Cons: Not much of a work-life balance, i.e. people work on weekends and nights. Intensity and pace of things going… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Administrative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MIT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great benefits academic environment fun people Cons: not a great salary grade for support hard to move up… More
There are newer reviews on MIT.

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!